Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Lowrance HDI Elite 5. I am a novice, but when I change lakes

Customer Question

Lowrance HDI Elite 5. I am a novice, but when I change lakes the old lake and waypoints still show up. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

At a guess - though you have not said just what operation you are doing on the HDS 5 in order to go to a different lake - I would surmise that you need to change maps, not just use the cursor to navigate to a new map.

Waypoints can be hidden of course, but that's not the point. Waypoints are saved on an SD memory card. And the lakes may be being read off that card as well - or are they stored in the device's memory?

In short, I suspect that you aren't really changing lakes, if the other lake's waypoints show up. I suggest that you tell me whether you have Navionics maps or some other type, where the lake maps are stored (SD card or internal memory of the HDS device) , and what operation(s) you are trying, in order to switch lakes/maps. And also, whether your lakes are in different files, or all in the same file? in the former case, I suggest switching files, quite simply.