Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a new Elite 4 Chirp and set audio to 10 but I can

Customer Question

I have a new Elite 4 Chirp and set audio to 10 but I can barely hear it on my quiet kayak. How can I make sound much louder?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have conducted a search about volume or sound settings on your Lowrance Elite 4 FishFinder, and have found that there is no mention of sound problems with it.

I suspect that, quite simply, you have a defective unit from the vendor or store. You should return it ASAP, before the return-exchange period runs out, to the vendor or store, for exchange for another unit of the same or equivalent capability and value.

Alternatively:

- if the return/exchange period has run out, it is still covered by Lowrance's warranty, and should be given warranty repair by them, free of charge.

- if you could do a Reset of settings on the device, it might doubtfully eliminate some sort of semi-mute or low-volume setting. But I very much doubt this... it really is, most likely, a defective sound/speaker/etc. part of the device that is the problem.