Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I have a 787c2. i ordered a replacement transducer, I was

Customer Question

i have a 787c2 . i ordered a replacement transducer, I was sent a xnt920 w/ 3 pins. the old transducer had 7 pins . the device has room for the 7 pins but only 5 holes have connection points. can you tell me which transducer I had, and why it had more connection points than the xnt920. what features am i missing?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with?

The XNT 9 20 transducer is a basic 200khz transducer that shoots down only. The transducer that came with the 787C2, and the one you would want, is part number XNT 9 QB T. The difference is the latter transducer uses a 455khz transducer giving a more detailed image of the bottom, as well as using side beams to give you a wider view, as well as adding temperature.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I think that should do it. But I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason