Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Left side of side image sgreen is blank on all possible

Customer Question

Left side of side image sgreen is blank on all possible screen options. I have tried raising motor which was never a problem before. Also tried resetinh factory defaults. All other screens and functions work perfectly. Is this a soft ware or a transducer gone bad?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

One side of the screen being blank is not normal in any way; something in the system is probably 'broken' (-it might be the mounting, see below). But what to do and what to check on, depends upon the maker and model # ***** the device with said screen - please let me know.

If the sonar transponder has come a little loose in its mountings, that might cause the problem... and if the sonar transponder has suffered from a recent collision or grounding of the vessel, that might also have caused this problem.

Is your sonar transponder a through-hull type, or an in-hull type? Have you checked whether it is loose in its mounting or that the mounting might be defective otherwise ?