Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I just purchased an es128 MFD from my local west marine

Customer Question

I just purchased an es128 MFD from my local west marine store. I had it professionally installed. Does this MFD have an internal heading sensor? I haven't connected it to an external sensor and I'm not getting any heading data. The result is that I can't access MARPA targets in the radar function.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you ever gotten heading from that setup?

This sounds really like a bad sensor or if it isn't hooked up correctly, I would check there to be sure though.

The head units are almost never the problem when you aren't getting any data, that is more than likely a bad sensor.

Also in answer to your question initially no there is not a sensor internal to the head unit.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening and please let me know if you need me further.

Tech Michael