Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How to connect raymarine AIS650 to ED7 and ST60 wind depth

Customer Question

how to connect raymarine AIS650 to ED7 and ST60 wind depth speed RL70C
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Raymarine ST60 is a depth display. It would be hooked up to a sonar transceiver, from which it would get its depth data.

The Raymarine E7D is a chartplotter and fishfinder, and needs a hookup to a sonar transceiver, too. It might be difficult to get the ST60 and the E7D to work on the same transceiver, and I would presume that you would do better with the E7D only, since it is the more complete instrument.

The Raymarine RL70C is a radar display, and would need a hookup to a Raydome or a radar transceiver or radar array.

The last one is a more difficult case to decide upon... the Raymarine AIS650 is designed with a Seatalk connection (the white-ringed connector, I think), a GPS antenna connector, and a VHF antenna connector. To get it to fully function, it needs a multifunction display to be connected on the Seatalk connection - so it needs a multifunction display with a Seatalk connection hooked up to it, and it also needs a GPS antenna connected to it, and a VHF antenna connected to it. Appropriate connectors for those are obviously labeled on the AIS650, and the E7D multifunction display has a Seatalk connector for connection to the AIS650.

I picture the ST60 being discarded, being a cut-rate past-generation piece of essentially outmoded equipment. I think the E7D has a depth indicator function on it, albeit not so simple and obvious.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI no good answer at this time. thanks tony
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to try again to get you the answer you wish for?

(I have Opted Out, in case the answer is 'no', which opens the case to other Experts in this category.)