Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought a humminbird 999hd si combo with a ipilot trolling

Customer Question

I bought a humminbird 999hd si combo with a ipilot trolling motor.It has the ethernet hooked up. I have a lakemaster chip. I want to Follow the contour. So when I go to the depth I want I press the GO TO button/ MOB. I always get the MOB not the follow contour promptor. Why?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Follow The Contour feature is appropriate for new uncharted bodies of water, and writes to the chip. It wouldn't work if

A. the chip's files are being protected from overwriting - which is sometimes the case, and

B. if the Humminbird device software is not of the right version, perhaps... what is the version on your 999hd si ?

or

C. if you are in an already-established chart. I suspect a blank chart area (at least) may be required.

Also, you might need this software:

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Technology/Autochart/