Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Following the published instructions on how to calibrate

Customer Question

Following the published instructions on how to calibrate Nexus NX2 system, I can access C53, C54, C55 etc on the Multi but can't make any logical adjustments from that point. When in the Calibrate function on C54 say, I can press “set” to access and start the process but when I press the + or - key I finish up getting 1 or 45°, 90° etc where I would be expecting to be allowed to adjust by increasing or decreasing increments of 1°.
What do I need to do to make this adjustment to true wind?
Obviously I am missing something and if you have any great suggestions it would be greatly appreciate
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi.

Have you tried auto-calibration?

Also refer to the following video - it may help indicate a step that you have missed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbDTUqVdSWs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent but i cant see how auto calibration can work for true wind since the cause must be a misalignment of the wind instrument at the mast head. It has no sense of its alignment to the centre line of the boat. Once that is set auto can work for apparent wind etc.
I havent (yet) been able to access the youtube video
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If the system is not calibrated correctly then it may behave erratically.

The mount position of the device is important, as adjustments need to be made to the wind speed calculations as the bow goes up and down.