Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have the same problem (time date applet) on my Northstar

Customer Question

Hi, I have the same problem (time date applet) on my Northstar 961 XD. Put in a new CR 2032 battery, but now won't boot,just a plaid screen and turns itself off. Guess I screwed up putting it back together. So I took the cover off and stared at it for an hour and the only thing I noticed that seems strange is an extra small yellow and black wire connector coming out of the Seagate drive harness connection. Don't remember disconnecting it but looks like it was used. Can't figure out where where it would go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How many pins are there on the Seagate drive connector?

Are they arranged in a square, or a double-row of pins, or how are they arranged? (in the plug, or jack, looking at the end.)

I would say that you need to

1. observe anti-static precautions when disassembling

2. make sure all connectors are re-seated thoroughly and properly

3. make sure the CR2032 is in with the correct polarity (+ versus -) - generally the + side is upward, but there might be an exception.