Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My vessel has 2 GPSmap 5212. When I go to WHERE TO? ---

Customer Question

My vessel has 2 GPSmap 5212. When I go to WHERE TO? --- ROUTES --- and then choose a previously stored ROUTE, it appears on the screen momentarily, and then disappears.
Is there a remedy?
Ron (aboard M/V LIBERTY) Mobile ***********
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure you are not pressing a key or control twice. That can lead to a feature displayed by the first key/control press, being wiped off the screen by the second key press. Which would lead to the problem you have reported.

On the other hand: you may perhaps be doing everything perfectly right, but be getting the same result. Try going through the procedure to bring up the stored route, slowly. Observe carefully, as to what the last key/control press is, that brings up the route on the screen. Press that last key only after a pause for a second or two.

And let me know the result, and what the last key/control was, and also how old your 5212 device is.... and also: does this have the same problem on both GPSMap device?