Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Just installed 4g Radar, hooked it all up to nmea system and

Customer Question

Just installed 4g Radar , hooked it all up to nmea system and was working . But then it kept the ignition on the boat (Yamaha 250 4stroke) after fault finding it was the power to nmea after removing the nmea to the ignition and gauges the radar doesnt work and the hds 7 wont pick it up I believe it is the the r110 as I checked the fuses and they are good . I did short the system out previously whilst fault finding but the main fuse took it . Any help would be appreciated
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

While a fuse may blow it does not mean that it does not directly effect anything else, it just means the fuse blew, in some cases a fuse will or does now blow until there is already a problem such as an internal short and the fuse pops after the other damage is already done. You should be able to use a voltmeter to trace down the poer/ground loss to pinpoint the problem, as an example if the 110 is faulty. It also depends on how you had the nema wiring wired.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe