Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

We have a NAVMAN FISH440 that is not reading depth

Customer Question

we have a NAVMAN FISH440 that is not reading depth correctly, say it reads 125m with range set at ALL when we are in water 3m or 4m or any depth , how do we check if it is the transducer, cable or the unit itself, thanks ***** *****
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

If this happens even when it is sitting still then check mounting of the ducer esp if transom mounting, if in-hull mounted please let me know as that may be the problem. Make sure two ducers if equipped are not too close to each other (try turning one off to test in that case) Check wiring connections, check anything in the way of the ducer, if new ducer make sure plastic is not still on it, make sure it is the correct model ducer for the unit, pretty much eliminating everything but the ducer and unit itself. Also go in and instead of auto depth set the actual depth plus some extra feet and see if that works.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.