Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Looking vr16k-h wiring diagram, can you refer me to a copy

Customer Question

looking for a vr16k-h wiring diagram, can you refer me to a copy
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the diagram at the link below is for general reference of Marineair systems.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92079112/MarineAir%20Wiring.pdf
Hopefully, it would serve your purpose (if have not been viewed before).
Actual wire color may vary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to confirm the NP and LP terminals go direct to the pump motor with no relay ? then where does the 1/4 hp water pump circuit breaker ? or does the C/B labeled power supply power the compressor and the pump. Am I correct in saying the system powers up thru the key pad when calling for cool or heat witch closes the COM / ON switch.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
To my recollection, the relay for the pump is on the circuit board.
A circuit breaker may be wired inline with the white supply wire to the pump motor.
And yes, the control panel (and/or the remote if featured/available) controls the operations both for heating and cooling.
Normally, there would be an electrical box with a terminal strip labeled for the correct connections. Also, a wiring diagram appropriate for the system is likewise inside this box.
Please post back with a clear close up picture of this electrical box, terminal strip and the circuit board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to re visit the location on Monday to verify wiring, my customer has a C/B in the elec distribution panel for the pump ?? why run the pump full time when the system is off, ( not calling for conditioned air ) the single 1/4 hp motor/pump water pump plumbing also feeds 2 other units, the vessel is a 46 ft Silverton.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to confirm the unit is a VR16K-H with a Cruisair power logic box SMXII model A-285 with a SMXII black in color touch pad..
2.8 vdc at pins 1 and 4 on the touch pad 4 pin connector.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
That an SMXII controller unit is used is very significant as it would require a different wiring diagram. Additionally, that "...run the pump full time..." would indicate a most likely secondary function for the water pump.
Hopefully, an alternate approach can be provided by other members of the site as this has gone beyond the initial "...looking for a vr16k-h wiring diagram...". The question would be re-opened as I would rather opt out.
Still, good luck with the MarineAir VR16KH.
This is not an Info Request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I post another question for someone to pick up