Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a X70a that the screen has gone blank and was wanting

Customer Question

I have a X70a that the screen has gone blank and was wanting to know if I can send somewhere to be repaired and what it might cost ?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Does it still work, other than the screen? When you shine a light at the screen, can you see a little bit of the graphics?

Most of the time this is a backlight issue, but if the light is on and there are no graphics, it can mean that the IC for the display has gone out. Neither are too expensive to repair, between $100-$150. Your best bet is to contact Lowrance directly, since it does use micro electronics, and they will have the OEM parts to repair your unit and make it work like new. Call(###) ###-#### Let me know if you need additional help.