Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Simrad CA 40, built in to dash, [ flush fit ] with extra

Customer Question

Simrad CA 40 , built in to dash , [ flush fit ] with extra side moulding fitted to suit. In a Riveria 3000 Offshore Hardtop . Simrad has died . Screen wavy and full of what look like interference lines . Never happened before and no changes made to vessel . Cannot clear.
Q , does this unit have an internal battery , if so could this be it?
Its a sounder,chart plotter,radar and GPS all in one , very user unfriendly,, to find a replacement fit will be a nightmare let alone the compatibility to all inputs.
Hans
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That is definitely not a problem with the internal battery - if there is one. It is an electronics breakage or problem, and settings will not cure it, for instance.
Strictly speaking, that is most likely a problem with either a delicate internal connection inside the device, or perhaps an internal or external voltage regulation problem. (Which might involve a failed component or two, that help regulate the voltage normally.)
The device will require repair. It may not be major repair, but it definitely will require it, for it to work properly again.
Let me know your locale, by zip code or by town/city and state, and I will find listings for local shops that can repair-service this Simrad device.