Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have four Garmin 7215 units on my Grand Banks. Two at the

Customer Question

I have four Garmin 7215 units on my Grand Banks. Two at the main helm, two on the fly bridge. The units on the fly bridge keep turning off without warning while the units below continue to work perfectly. Can you help?
***** *****
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think there are two possible causes of the powering Off.
1, it might be that the Auto Power-Down feature is enabled on just two of the devices.
This would be more likely, if the time interval before powering down is the same for both, or not random anyway.
2, the power supplied to those stations might be defective, doubtfully. That could be told quite simply, by swapping one from the main bridge and one on the fly bridge. And seeing how they act in that case.
If the turning Off is random and not at any constant interval, then you should check, also, as to whether the units that turn Off are running on battery... at least some of the time. If this model *has* batteries, which I am not sure of at all.