Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Have fish finder.. mdl 498 screen lite won't come on!

Customer Question

Have fish finder.. mdl 498
screen lite won't come on!
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Check power and ground at unit via a voltmeter, if you have both and connections are clean and tight this would mean internal failure within the unit. As a test you can unplug and plug back in, but the chance is this will not help and if not this means you will need to send it into the manufacture for repair or if no longer under serviceable products than replacement to follow. For instance, Garmin only will service certain models before they will usually no longer service certain models. The problem could be backlighting (use a flashlight and if you can see what should be on screen) if not then it could be complete internal failure.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.