Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a rc435chartplotter unable to acquire a fix. this

Customer Question

hi,I have a rc435chartplotter unable to acquire a fix. this problem happened after being stored in my basement for the winter, after connecting back on my boat it is unable to pick-up any satellites. I checked the antenna coaxial cable with 8 mega ohms one way and 4mega ohms reversing the polarity. I also tried a factory reset without any success, any suggestions
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
If the coaxial cable and connections are good, but the chartplotter is not getting a signal, try connecting another antenna.
Allow the chartplotter up to 15 minutes to detect the satellites after being in storage for several months.
If it still won't detect the satellites, even with a different antenna, then the unit itself has a fault and will need to be returned to a Raytheon service center for repair.