Neil, Marine Electronics Dealer
Experience:  NZCE Electronics and Computing
15873252

I have a lowrance ifinder h20c unable to get bottom readings

Customer Question

I have a lowrance ifinder h20c unable to get bottom readings I took the chip out and put it in my friend finder and I got the bottom reading we tried for several hours and was unable to get a bottom reading on my finder. what could be the problem?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Hi

It sounds like a problem with your transducer...

Is the boat out of the water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was at home trying to put icons on different locations this is when the problem occurred I must of hit something by accident and lost the depth readings on my finder the depths were on my finder before I started trying to add icons so I must of erased the depth reading from my finder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first time I attempt to go on line for any reason since I am not computer savvy I am elderly 75 and would need instructions on how to reprogram the depth hopefully you will be able to help me it would be easier to speak on the phone but it would cost an additional 18 dollars I did not know there was a charge for these services please let me know if the problem can be corrected thanks Robert
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.

Yes we are a paid support site, if you were not aware of this I can put through a refund request for you. If you are happy to pay then I am sure I can walk you through turning your transducer back on and getting the unit working properly again...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would not have a problem paying the 15 dollars if you can walk me through this and my problem could resolved
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
Ok
First you can get a copy of your manual here:
http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowrance-Documents/iFINDER_H2Oc_0148-811_101805.pdf
I am guessing you are using a Navionics chip so go to page 79 of the manual and ensure "Fill Water with white" is NOT selected..
Also check pages 77 and 78 and ensure Navaids is on as well as Navionics...
Also check Map data settings...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is discouraging I went on page 79of my manual and fill with white water was not on I then checked page 77 and78 navionics was on but I could not find navaids
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what what you meant by check map data setting so far that doesn't seem to be the problem what should I try next
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
I will need to know a few more specifics...
1. What "chip" are you using?
2. What exactly are you missing? The depth reading or the bottom contour?
3. Are you prepared to do a reset which will delete your waypoints and other settings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chip is navionics usa-east s/d 16x6 vol 20. I am missing both the depth reading and the bottom contour and yes if necessary reset which would delete my waypoints and settings if that would resolve my problem
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
Try doing the reset on age 85 of the manual...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received your message to reset my gps before doing that and losing all my info I decided to call customer service for lowrance the agent told me since the only thing missing was the depth that was an easy fix she said to go to map data next go to navionics map choices then you will see a list of numbers highlight one at a time exit to the water when you highlight the correct number your depths will reappear I did that and my depths are back what happened was I accidentally went into the wrong number a few days ago causing me to lose my depth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am requesting a refund since I was not able to resolve my problem on your site and if I had deleted All my info it would of been a terrible inconvenience for me and your e-mail this morning did not give me any other options to try before deleting as a last resort I fell that this was unsatisfactory that is why I called lowrance the problem was solved immediately I would like a refund thanks Robert
Expert:  Neil replied 1 year ago.
No problem and I will put through a refund request for you... I did say early on to check the Map Data settings... Of course Lowrance would know the actual settings better than I as they deal with their units every day...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Robert