Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Import GPX file into Simrad NSS 12? there is no import menu

Customer Question

import GPX file into Simrad NSS 12 ? there is no import menu item ???
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, put the GPX file on a memory card, that your Simrad device can read.
(Second, you may want to delete a lot of superfluous waypoints and routes that you will never need, if the file is large or wide-coverage. Too large a file, uploaded into your device's memory, may cause trouble.)
(If you do such editing before uploading, copy the edited GPX file onto the memory card again.)
Third, click the PAGE button, go to selection of different screens.
Stop at the WAYPOINTS ROUTES TRAILS screen, select FILES.
Fourth, on the FILES screen, select the memory card that holds the GPX file. Then press ENTER to see the files on that memory card.
Fifth, select the GPX file or the route number, that you wish to import.
Sixth, when you have the GPX file or route number highlighted, press ENTER, choose IMPORT from the menu that should appear, and click on YES.
Seventh, when that is done, click on the Page button, then return to the Chart page, and you should see what you imported, available there.
These instructions are somewhat approximate. If there's a difficulty at any point, just stop, and Reply to me asking about it, and I will advise you through the procedure, if you tell me at what point the problem appeared, and the details of the problem.
If this completely answers the question as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer - or Reply letting me know in brief, how you would rate my work on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.