Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My dad left s boat in a mates shed at hour fishing holiday

Customer Question

Hi
My dad left his boat in a mates shed at hour fishing holiday town and has gone up there to go on his annual fishing trip and has turned on his Furuno GPS 7000 to discover all his waypoints are gone!
Is there anyway of searching the device/sd/memory card to see if they're still on there? Or if someone has tried to copy them and the device wiped them, is there a way of getting them back?
Thank you for your help! My dad is devo, there's 20+ years of fishing spots gone.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Oh wow, I feel for you I really do.

How long ago did this happen and when was the last time the unit was powered on?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
It was only discovered on Friday of last week. The unit hadn't been turned on since end of June.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for the information. On this one I'm afraid the data is no longer in the unit anywhere;-(

I hate giving this kind of news and I feel awful too. I know first hand how that feels.

I wish I had better news for you I really do.

If there is anything else i can do please let me know and have a great night anyway;-)

Tech Michael