Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a 1989 X-50 LCD depth finder. Original cost $895. 3

Customer Question

I have a 1989 X-50 LCD depth finder.
Original cost $895.
3 modes of display 1. Small letters with temp, speed, depth and bottom contour
2. medium letters with temp, speed, depth, and bottom contour, 3. large letters with temp, speed, depth only.
It had an excellent zoom to depth within a specified separation i.e. bottom 10, 20, 30, etc designation or a suspended separation with a 50 to 70, 60 to 90 or any combination for the separation.
The only thing that displays now is the large number mode of display, the other modes do not show the bottom contours.
Is this a transducer problem or a sonar problem?
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My e-mail***@******.***(###) ###-####Timmins, Ontario, Canada
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron,

this problem don't concern the transducer(s).

This is an electrical problem inside the unit.

Chances are that the control buttons do not read correctly.

A repair shop can replace these for you and fix the issue. It is definitely worth the cost of repair in this case as it should cost $150.00 Canadian or less to have done.

If you have good soldering skills I may be able to help you get the parts and complete this repair as well.

If you need help locating a good place to take or send the head unit for this fix please let me know.

Also please rate my service to you kindly at this time and then you can always contact me by replying to this message anytime for more help.

No cost to rate or for additional help with this.

Have a great day Ron.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron,

Have a great day Ron.