Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I need new gps. want one that can give good shallow water

Customer Question

i need new gps. want one that can give good
shallow water map and can read accurat depth to one foot
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  yachtwork replied 1 year ago.

The GPS simply puts a location on the map, so what you sound like you are looking for a a good charting software. My first recommendation is Ray Marine with Platinum charts. These are designed especially for shallow water contours and fishing. The Gold is good, but that is more for yachts making landfall.

So, I don't really see your boat type but I would think a Ray Marine E90, that is the 9" screen and the platinum charts will give you a good start. The displays can be inter connected and options like RADAR and depth are easily added. That is about the best on the market at this time.

Scott