Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a model wide vision ser.#5166697 that turns on and

Customer Question

I have a model wide vision ser.#5166697 that turns on and then with in minute the screen goes blank and does notcome back on. It was fine one fishing trip the next one this problem started can you help me out or should I just get another one. Thanks Walt Block.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I don't know the model of the display you are asking about, nor the maker - you have not stated either.
But, whether to have it repaired or just replace it permanently, is up to you. There are some factors I may point out though:
1. is it still within warranty? if so, given some patience, having it repaired for free under warranty terms by the manufacturer would make sense.
2. if out of warranty, is it valuable? just calling a possible repair facility and asking for an estimate on repair cost, would give you an idea of how much it would cost to repair it - versus known price of having it replaced as a whole.
As for which facilities/shops might repair it for you - I would need to know the maker and model #, please, and your region by zip code (or nearest town/city and state) in order to find that information for you. Please Reply with that information if you wish for me to proceed. Thanks.