Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a HDS 5 Gen 2 and I have 3 G radar. I started the

Customer Question

I have a HDS 5 Gen 2 and I have 3 G radar. I started the unit and it told me no radar available. Just a beep. I have only used the radar two or three times. The vessel is stored inside and the unit is fairly new 2-3 years. No real use yet. I read factory reboot it and in my effort I factor reset it! Now it has no Radar option. Any help would be awesome. Doug
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Disconnect power from the console, we're going to try to trick it back into reading your radar. While it has no power, disconnect and reconnect each connector one by one. Connect the power, and tell me the results.
The next step is a firmware update, because it seems to be a software issue. Let me know how it reacts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a boat with a guest switch to the batteries. Power has been off several times to the unit.
I tried to remove the wires and plug them back in and it still does not offer a Radar option. How do I do the firm ware update?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

There was a release in March 2015, this will reload your software. Assuming it is not a hardware failure, which I don't think it is, this should fix it. Click here for the update. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully, and don't power it off. It could turn it into an anchor, so be sure to read through the instructions until you understand them.