Tan
Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.
25721800

I have to replacemy radio JBL MR-17, which one is compatible?

Customer Question

I have to replacemy radio JBL MR-17, which one is compatible? We only want to replace the radio, not the other radio accesories.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Do you want to go back with the same thing or just another radio that is compatible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If we can find the same is better, but if not, one compatible. Thanks
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok here is the re[placement for your model. They don't make your radio anymore. All your other accessories will be compatible also. http://www.spadepot.com/shop/JBL-Multimedia-180W-Spa-Receiver-AMFMCDFront-Aux-P10522C789.aspx?zmam=55673001&zmas=1&zmac=4&zmap=AD1006 The JBL MR 145. Is the replacement for your radio.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Here is the JBL MR-17S. This is the same as your radio just the S which stands for Sirius. http://www.turtlemarine.com/jblmr17s.html Looks like they are out of stock.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tan, the MR-180W don't have for remote control, our boat has one in the driver's side and one in the back.
The MR-17S, in the link you sent is out for f stock.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Let me do some research. The MR145 is supposed to be the replacement.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok it looks like they don't make a remote control model that I can find as a replacement. I will opt out maybe one of the other experts knows.
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
This might be your best bet contact JBL. Customer Service(800)(###) ###-####-F 8:00am - 8:30pm ETSat 8:00am - 5:30pm ETClosed Sundays