Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I JUST BOUGHT A LOWRANCE GEN 3 12IN AND I CAQNT FUGURE OUT

Customer Question

I JUST BOUGHT A LOWRANCE GEN 3 12IN AND I CAQNT FUGURE OUT HOW TO CONNECT TO SIRUS WEATHER. ALSO DEPTH WAS WORKING GOOD AT EVEN HIGHER SPEEDS NOW DOES'NT REALLY WANT TO WORK.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you.The Sirus needs to be hooked up to a NMEA 2000 network and then to the HDS. All of the parts that are needed to create a network backbone are included with the Sonic Hub. This is what you need to install to get the Sirus to work. For the depth, make sure that the transducer is still level with the bottom of the boat. That is the most common cause of los of depth, that the transducer is not mounted correctly.