Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

My elite 7 drops the sonar almost constantly works at first

Customer Question

my elite 7 drops the sonar almost constantly works at first then disappears. charts work the transducer is clean and appears positioned correctly but any turning will loose the operation constant rebooting sometimes works briefly
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.This sounds like the transducer is loosing contact with the water. Make sure that it is on the lower edge of the boat and that only the lower portion of it is actually in the water. The split line of the transducer should be even with the bottom of the boat. The transducer must also be sitting level.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is level it is completely immersed below the water line
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Does it stay under the water when the boat is moving?Have you tried to update the software on the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it is completely under water and the update is done
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Can you please post a pic of how it is mounted on the boat?