Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a older ray marine E120 an I put a newer digital 24

Customer Question

I have a older ray marine E120 an I put a newer digital 24 mile radar changed the cord had it working then a few months ago I put just the screen on another boat an when I put it back I can't get the radar to work need help asap??
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Radar says no data it's only been 6 months since I took it off an it isn't working ...when I bought it I recall having the same issues it's after hours here or I'd just call the place I bought it but hoping I can get this done now.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the cord to the radar transponder was loose for several months, you will need to clean the jack at the end before the signal will be sure to get through.
Turn the E120 Off. Unplug the jack/cable/connector to the radar transponder. With a clean dry brush, brush off the plug at the end of the cable, and the jack it goes into. Then wipe both down with a clean dry rag cloth, until the metal is quite shiny, and re-connect firmly. Turn the E120 On again, try it out after enough pause time for the radar transponder to 'spin up' if it needs to, or heat up, etc.
Let me know how that goes... and also, did the E120 get used with a different radar transponder, on the other boat? in case the above does not help with the problem.