Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Furuno 1650DF goes on then goes off and will not go on

Customer Question

My Furuno 1650DF goes on then goes off and will not go on again.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the only easy user doable try; temporarily disconnect any and all external connections 1 at a time (except for power) and try the Furuno again each time. The idea is to eliminate any of these as causing the described "...goes on then goes off and will not go on again..."
Still, it would appear that the GP-1650DF is kicking auto-protect mode. This may require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.