Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

My Ray 55 VHF Radio is installed on the dashboard and flush

Customer Question

Hi, My Ray 55 VHF Radio is installed on the dashboard and flush mounted.
The fuse on the back is burn. For changing the fuse I don't have access on the back or the side.
I will have to pul out the gray front. For the rotary knobs it is easy but for the gray front I try but no success.
How can I pull out the gray front ???
Thank you. Bruno Lupien
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bruno,
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
You cannot pull, a flush mount kit is first mounted and screwed into place, the vhf is then pushed in and the knobs on each side screwed in to secure it, this means you must gain access inside the console and remove the two knobs which will then allow you to pull the vhf out, or simply remove the 4 screws (one at each corner) which will then allow you to remove the vhf. If it is not mounted this way the only other way would be incorrect such as a sealant only around the face.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.