Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Is there a quick fix following: Display not working, but will still operate the r

Customer Question

Is there a quick fix for the following:
Display not working, but will still operate the radio. This is a marine remote commander model RM X60/X11M. I have it pulled from the dash and connections are intact.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me and for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
The rmx60 is a wired sony marine remote, this controls an connected sony headunit. Is only the rmx60 display not working or the actual headunit display not working?
If only the display on the remote rmx60 and as you state it does work fine just no display, this would indicate the lcd display has failed and the remote will need to be replaced which is fairly simple and is plug and play by just connecting a replacement remote into its place.
If the problem however is the headunit display and not the remote and or both, please let me know.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I hope I have not been charged for the recommendation to replace the unit since that what I was not looking for. I had hope there was away to repair the unit and for that I was ready topay for the repair. please confirm there is no charge. Thank you.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
It was not a recommendation to replace it, there are no parts to repair them and nothing to repair, a dead display means the unit would need to be replaced which was your question on what is wrong with it. I then explained what was wrong and the only way to repair was to replace it. Now, depending on age of the unit it may or may not be under a warranty such as the one year factory warranty and if so you would only need to place a call directly to sony's warranty dept for replacement of which they would have you most likely return the old unit first.
Thank you!
- Joe