Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

Humminbird Unit Portable 570 Dual. Used on resort

Customer Question

Hello. Humminbird Unit Portable 570 Dual. Used on resort aluminum boat with suction cup mounting. Using unit full range depth from 2 ft to 45 ft. Gray scale starts to appear as depth reaches 40 ft or more. Recent experience is no Grayscale on display. Lake bottom hard or soft material did not seem to make a difference. Surface "noise" vertical lines on display. Depth digital numbers are displayed in normal and large size. No fish symbol or identification of mid depth features (objects). Is there a test I can perform to proove unit is operating normal or transducer and/or cable is ok? Any other test to be done?
Terry
**************
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello Terry, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Go into the menu and turn on the simulator on the unit. Make sure that you can see all of the objects and the bottom. Then turn the simulator off and go into the menu and look for system options. You may need to reboot the unit to get this menu. Under that look for transducer. Make sure that the unit is actually seeing the transducer. If all of that is good, it may be time to upgrade the unit.