Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have recently installed a Raymarine c97 E70012. After initial

Customer Question

I have recently installed a Raymarine c97 E70012. After initial install and power up and working fine, it will not start. I have traced a constant power supply from the fuse box to the power cable plug. All the connectors (fuse, power cable plug) have dielectric grease. Yesterday I debugged the power supply again, with the unit out of the flush mount and got it to work. Then when I installed back to the flush mount it would not work. Still getting good voltage at the power cable plug end. What should I do next? The power cable locking ring is work fine and locks into place. None of the pins on the unit are damaged. The power cable is connected to the power supply line with 14 ga marine wire, using waterproof butt connectors. Should I start from scratch and rewire with new butt connectors? New raymarine power cable? New power supply line? My debugging seems to indicate that the failure is with the power cable connection to the unit.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.In this case YES you should replace all the rear connectors because thats more than likely where the connection loss is. This almost always the case with these connectors as well, they don't like being bent even one time tight against the edge of the rear of the connector. For some reason the wires break there and cause this intermittent response. I will stick with you until we have the working reliably Please rate kindly at this time. It doesn't cost you anything further anyway and I will still be here for you if you need me further, imply reply to this message.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael Thank you for choosing Just Answer. Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.