Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have two HDS 8's on my Lake Superior fishing boat. I'd like

Customer Question

I have two HDS 8's on my Lake Superior fishing boat. I'd like to log my total miles travelled over a summer to get an idea of my average fuel efficiency. I'm either trolling or running at 25 -30 mph. We'll run anywhere from 10 to 30 miles per day. How do I get that set up?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today. Your question may take more that one post to get an accurate answer.
Which Gen do you have? 1, 2, or 3?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a gen1 and a gen2. The gen2 is used as the chartplotter with a navico platinum chip
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Alright, let me do some checking on this for you.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
The only way that I can see for you to do this is to create a new trail every time that you put the boat in the water. This will measure the distance that you run that day. Then record the distance later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boat's in the water continually at a marina. I'm certain I read somewhere you can do this. I'm going to call Lowrance tomorrow.
Thank you.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.