Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a C90w plotter. I purchased a platinum chip and

Customer Question

I have a C90w plotter. I purchased a platinum chip for it and after installing it nothing changed on the display. I have read that my software has to be updated but I don't know how to do that. Can I purchase an upgrade for my unit?****************
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. You can download the software update for free, here is the link:
http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=3766
Be sure to follow the instructions exactly, and do not disconnect the unit during the update. Start the update, and be patient, it can take up to 20-30 minutes to complete. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rusty!
My problem is that I don't know how to down load the update and get it into the plotter. I have the equipment but am clueless as to the process. Can you help me further?
Ed
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
It is a bit of a process, and it requires an SD card. Download the file at the link in my last post, then follow the instructions here:
http://www.raymarine.com/knowledgebase/index.cfm?view=3776
This will take some time, let me know if you get stuck, or need clarification on the instructions.