Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a raymarine e80 with dsm 300. When I turn the unit on

Customer Question

I have a raymarine e80 with dsm 300. When I turn the unit on the fish finder works at first then the screen will stop scrolling after about 30 seconds. If I unplug the dsm and plug it back in it starts to scroll again then stops again around 30 seconds.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. It sounds like your RAM is hanging up, much like a print queue won't print until the bad document is removed. Let's reset your unit to factory defaults. It will reload the software and hopefully clear up the fault. 1. IMPORTANT: Back Up your waypoints, routes, and tracks to a CF memory card before the Factory Reset.When a Factory Reset is performed, the action will cause all waypoints, routes, tracks to be erased from the MFD’s memory. Doing so will additionally cause all configuration settings to be restored to the factory default settings. As such, it is recommended that all waypoints, routes, and tracks be archived to a CF memory card prior to resetting the MFD. Please see Answer #1145, Backing up waypoint, routes and tracks on C and E-Series for complete instructions. Following the Factory Reset operation, the waypoints, routes, and tracks may be retrieved from the archive file saved on the CF memory card. It may also be advisable to note any configuration settings that you have modified in order that the display may be reconfigured with these settings after the Factory Reset operation. 2. Perform a soft reset on the display.If your MFD's menus are accessible, use the “Settings and Data Reset” feature:Press the MENU key, then scroll down to the "System Setup" option, and toggle the track pad right.Scroll down to the "Settings and Data Reset" option and toggle the track pad right.Under the word "Factory Reset?" press the softkey corresponding to YES. The display will restart momentarily.The display should reboot into normal operating mode.If you still have trouble, let's do a hard reset:Press and hold down the first soft key (next to the power button.)Keep holding the soft key down while the display reboots. A "Factory Reset" countdown will be displayed. Keep holding the first soft key until the countdown is complete.The display should reboot into normal operating mode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I haven't had a chance to get down to the boat and try.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all, just bookmark this page and you can get back to me when you get a chance to work on it. You'll need to bring the unit to your computer to do the update. I realize this can take some time, please let me know when you get to it.
I'm not at my computer 24/7, but if you would like to schedule a time for me to be here, we can do that at no extra charge. Otherwise, I appreciate your patience if I am away from my desk when you reply.