Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

Hds-7 flashes a white light then goes off (except arrows

Customer Question

hds-7 flashes a white light then goes off (except for the arrows on direction button). took it to Cabelas and it works fine there. did all the tests here and can't find anything wrong. What could it be?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today. Your question may take more that one post to get an accurate answer.
How did you test the power gong to the plug?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a pocket volt/ohm meter. it showed 12.75 volts at the pins that plug into the fish finder. Polarity was correct. Battery has plenty of power, will start motor.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Check your connections from the fuse box to the bow. You will be looking for a weak or corroded connection.