Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My Garmin 1040xs shows my boat position 180 degrees incorrect

Customer Question

My Garmin 1040xs shows my boat position 180 degrees incorrect while at the dock but is correct while under way. Why?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It will be interference to the that will be causing this.
Either large towers or objects that distort the signal or an electromagnetic signal that disrupts it and gives it the wrong signal.
If it is correct on the way, when your away from all objects, then it will confirm it is something within the area where the boat is docked that is causing this. It is not the unit itself as it is operating correctly once it is away from this area.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you