Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a Humminbird 788 HCI HD DI I've had 4 or 5

Customer Question

I have a Humminbird 788 HCI HD DI I've had for about 4 or 5 years and only use for about three weeks in the summer in WI. My problem is that when I get in shallow water my depth indicator gets stuck on "1 ft.". In a couple of minutes it will usually start showing the proper depth, but sometimes it takes much longer, even at depths of over 20 feet. This makes fishing hard and navigating in rocky water dangerous. This has been going on a few seasons and will correct if I reboot the device usually, but that is tedious to do every 10 minutes. It's a beautiful piece of equipment, but not if it doesn't work properly. How do I correct this? It's maddening.
Thanks,
Greg
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg the best place have this fixed is listed below, they have great reviews from me over the years;-)I also use them for this repair. Whats happening is that your microprocessor is hanging due to a failed electronic component. Its actually a bad capacitor inside the head unit that causes this.Please visit this site or simply call to schedule a repair.Toll-free: 1-***-***-****Monday - Friday8:00am - 4:30pm CSTOr visit: http://www.humminbird.com/Support/MyHumminbird/I will stick with you until you have this working,please rate my service kindly thus far, it is the only way I receive credit for my time with you.It won't cost you anything additional to rate;-)You can always contact me anytime after rating at no additional cost to you;-)Thank you and have a great day Greg!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg, did you receive the information I sent you its the previous message about having your Humminbird fixed.
Please don't forget to rate my service to you as it is the only way I am credited for my time with you.
Thank you for your understanding and it wont cost you anything to orate kindly;-)
Have a great day Greg!
Tech Michael