Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Lowrance HDS 9 GEN 2, I have had the unit

Customer Question

I have a Lowrance HDS 9 GEN 2, I have had the unit for almost a year with no problems. yesterday it developed a problem, many horizontal lines running through the screen and the unit is unresponsive to touch.
Thanks for your help, Bill
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That sounds as if you have a major circuitry problem, probably a video memory error by the sound of it, but certainly a major digital circuitry problem I would estimate.
And, if it worked for a while after a re-start but not more than a while, the problem might be a heat-related problem e.g. in a chip or integrated circuit.
If it is within a year of the purchase date still, then it should be within warranty, and should be repaired by Lowrance for free under warranty.
http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Support/Warranty-Service/
tells the details on Lowrance / Namco warranty period and servicing means and locations and procedure. The
Dealer Locator
link leads to a list of servicing locations for warranty servicing.