Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How to import a florida sportsman fishing chip into a lowrance

Customer Question

how to import a florida sportsman fishing chip into a lowrance HDS with out touch screen
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I presume that you want maps to display or at least be displayable on your Lowrance device.The specific model # ***** the Lowrance device would help me give you accurate and detailed instructions. But in general terms, you would have to1. get a memory card, of a type that is not too large for your particular Lowrance device's memory card slot to read2. format it (preferably in the Lowrance device)3. take it to a computer with a compatible map file of the Florida area's fishing grounds, and copy that map file onto th ememory card4. put that memory card into the Lowrance device5. use the controls to import the map file, or if the Lowrance device cannot store such a map file in its own memory or storage, then use the controls to display information from the map file. I realize that step (5) is very general. But that's the overall sequence necessary, so if you would Reply with the model # ***** your Lowrance device, I can fill in with the specifics for all those steps. Thanks.