Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

Low battery sign in the screen ,now the screen is total of

Customer Question

low battery sign in the screen ,now the screen is total off
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have simrad autopilot ,low battery sign in the screen ,now the screen is total off
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.Does anything else that is connected to this battery still work?Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery is fine
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
What else does this battery power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the power of the battery is working perfect
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Did you already remove the battery and have it load tested? That is not listed anywhere. This is the only way to tell the true state of your battery. Auto pilot systems do draw a bunch of amps due to the nature of them. Something like an LED lightbulb does not. Does this make sense to you as to why I am asking the questions that I am?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand Charles but battery is good they turns my twin Cummings 540 hp , 1radars 2 17 inches screens fish finder and lights is not problem at all.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering the question. Now I know where know where to start.With a multimeter test the voltage that is coming out of the power supply to the head unit. If it is below 10, trace the power leads back to the fuse block and test the power there. You are going to have either a bad connection in a junction or a bad connection at the fuse block. Check both the red and black wires for the correct voltage to the battery.