Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Lowarance Bluwater 1220 gauge. It is not working,

Customer Question

I have a Lowarance Bluwater 1220 gauge. It is not working, no light no sound. Powere is hooked up correctly. Need to fix or find a new one. Can not locate a manual. The only one I have come across is for the 1240. Is there a difference?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
They are different units and use a different connection best I see/know.
Honestly due to age is why it is so hard for you to find info let alone a replacement, and what in professional advice should be done is replacing the unit with a newer system which I know is not exactly what your looking to do or I'm sure want to hear however it helps stay up to date and be able to locate parts.
Getting power but it not working pretty much spells that as you I am sure aware it needs to be replaced.
I was able to track down a replacement 1220 (none currently on ebay but they do pop up from time to time) this one ended in march but does not look to have sold and does not look like was relisted, my advice is to reach out to that seller (phone number in the listing) and hopefully if your lucky he still has it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOWRANCE-BLUEWATER-1220-IN-DASH-FLASHER-CHECK-THIS-OUT-/261783341239?nma=true&si=0BzYbDOZy3egZQHw8%252Fd%252BEZ6PFSU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
It may have sold or they may no longer have it, but it's worth a shot.
The info in his listing is : MIKE(###) ###-####
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Joe. Upgrading is not really an option as we are restoring a boat. The one you located on eBay is actually the replacement that is not working. I tried contacting the seller to see if they had more but to no avail..... I can't even find some one to work, repair this! Ahhhh....
Thank you again for your input, greatly appreciated
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
This is a tuff one, on one hand no replacements are available, on the other hand the system is wanted to be retained. At that point I guess the only options are to try and open the unit and look for signs of damage to repair/service or possibly try swapping to the 1240 unit if one can be located instead.
Thanks,
Joe