Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

My lowrance hds5 nautical insight the whole unit went out in

Customer Question

My lowrance hds5 nautical insight the whole unit went out in choppy conditions other than return the unit what should I be looking at-we r in the middle of a fl keys vacation the unit is almost 1 year old.
Category: Marine Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today.First check the power connections where the unit is getting its power from. If it is loose, that would cause the unit to shut down, forcing you to restart it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power connections good no blown fuses. Next its voltmeter time any more suggestions?
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Make sure that you are getting 12V at the plug going to the unit. did the unit turn totally off, or just lose the bottom?