Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

We own a Garmin GPS/Map Plotter, Model 4210, installed in July

Customer Question

We own a Garmin GPS/Map Plotter, Model 4210, installed in July of 2008. The serial number is ***** and the unit ID number is(###) ###-####
Just yesterday, 19 June 2015, the unit failed to acquire satellite signals. There are no green signal strength bars displayed at the top of the Home screen.
Can you advise how best to deal with this issue.
Thank you for your assistance
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. What GPS receiver are you using and is it on the NMEA 2000 network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Charles,
My GPS receiver is a Garmin GPSMAP 4210. The Unit ID number is(###) ###-#### ***** was purchased and installed on 24 July 2008. To the best of my knowledge it is on the NMEA 2000 network.
Charles Comerford
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** will have its own power source when on a NMEA 2000 network. Make sure that the power supply is good. Check the fuse on the network. It is not the same fuse that goes to the 4210.