Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I purchased a helix 5 si gps, with a microchip slot. I purchased

Customer Question

I purchased a helix 5 si gps, with a microchip slot. I purchased a lakemaster chip for a SD slot, but no instructions. how do I do downdown load the chips ?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you want accessory maps on the SD card, then it's simple:

1. choose your source, online, for appropriate map file(s) - appropriate meaning, with the right region(s) (and/or other information) and for the, or compatible with the, Humminbird device in question.

2. access the source, with your computer. Download the map file(s) to your computer.

3. you need to have a card reader on your computer, that your SD cards for the Humminbird device, also can be used in. If your computer doesn't have such a card slot, you can buy a USB-attachable card reader of the right type for 10 or 25 $ at most.

4. copy the map file to the SD card, in the card slot or card reader on or attached to your computer.

5. put it into the Humminbird device, after the copy is quite done. Use it from there.