Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I always loved my hummingbird in dash super sixty (

Customer Question

I always loved my hummingbird in dash super sixty flasher ( I know they are obsolete ). I was able to purchase a brand new flasher ( super sixty in dasher flasher ) from a close out sale , unfortunately it did not come with a transducer ( I knew this before purchasing ). my question is this, will any super sixty transducer ( the box type ) work on this unit. I also want to shoot thru the hull of my ranger. If not please please give my some tips on locating one
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
No, these are definitely not universal. In fact most of them have connections that are different from one another. What you would have to do is determine the type of connection and then find the transducer based on the type of connection. For example if it's a BNC connector, then you would Hummingbird for a compatible transducer, or possibly find one used. Believe it or not hummingbird does have some accessories still around for these even though they haven't been made in maybe 20 years. Their number is(###) ###-####
It is not going to be easy to find the transducer that is compatible with the super 60.