Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Using a Baja 540C APRS object display and now have thousands

Customer Question

Using a Baja 540C for my APRS object display and now have thousands of APRS objects that need to be deleted/purged. But because each object, in addition to the 540C's default waypoint symbol, has a unique ID these objects can not be deleted in mass; but as far as I can determine must be delted individually...too time consuming!
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
You can do a hard reset on this unit which will clear all the waypoints. This will start you with a fresh slate and save you a huge amount of time.
To do that turn the unit off.
Press and hold the Zin and Zout keys at the same time
Press and hold the power key
Release both buttons when the USA map appears.
Please let me know if that helps and if you have additional questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike,
Sorry, I should have added: I have numerous waypoints, route tracks, trails, etc., on the 540C, in addition to the APRS object waypoints that I need to save/protect. Otherwise,myes, a hard reset would remove everything.
I wonder if all the data stored within the main unit's memory (not the data files contained on the SD card) could be uploaded to a PC then purge/delete the unwanted APRS objects more efficiently? However the old Mapcreate software is long gone and no longer available from Lowrance. I am unsure if Lowrance's newer software, Insight Topo, would be backwards compatible?
More likely, I think the insight planner may work with it but I'm not even 100% sure about that. Here's the link to the insight planner download page
http://bitli.es/AZtN2i
If not, it's going to end up being all or nothing. Hope this helps.