Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a fishfinder of which I have misplaced except

Customer Question

I have a fishfinder of which I have misplaced except for the mount anb transducer. the only way to tell the model # ***** ***** tag which I cannot read all the numbers but what I can read are,(###) ###-####or(###) ###-#### ***** cannot read anymore of the label. can you tell me the model # ***** is it still obtainable ? thanks.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I am sorry to say that the serial number would not be half as useful as any indication as to maker or brand or brand name. Do you see any such indication?
You seem to indicate that it is Garmin equipment. Try connecting it (if it has a USB port, even a micro-USB type port, on it) to a computer. (Preferably not a very expensive new one, in case the Garmin has problems.) See whether it is recognized by the computer, and what model # ***** is identified as. This is not absolutely sure to get results, or accurate results, by any means. But, if the computer works fully with it, then the identification by the computer's Plug-And-Play routines, will provide a high probability indication as to the right model number.
Also, what is the transducer model number? that could indicate the identity of the Garmin GPS in question (Garmin devices don't have a tranducer, generally, unless they are GPS equipment, and the tranducer should be a GPS antenna, I suspect...), because of limited compatibility with the particular transducer.
Let me know, and I will advise you further as necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a fish finder, not a gps
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, you're right - a fishfinder.
Its transducer would be a sonar transducer, of course, one would think.
But what is the maker and model of the transducer? as I said, it could indicate what fishfinder you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forget it
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If you need more assistance, just let me know. Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.